3rd International Intellectual Property Conference for Ireland, Dublin, Ireland
18th & 19th February 2010
“Research, Innovation & Investment”
I am delighted to be able to attach a brief update for Intellectual Property Ireland 2010, the 3rd International IP Conference for Ireland that will take place on the 18th of February 2010 in Dublin. This year we are delighted to announce that Minister Conor Lenihan, Minister for Science, Technology, Innovation & Natural Resources making the opening presentation for the 2009 event.
Other confirmed speakers for this year’s event are:
- Eamonn Laird – Patent Controller
- Dr. Chris Horn – Serial Entrepreneur
- Frank Gannon – Head of SFI
- Ciaran Connell – CEO, Decawave Ltd.
- Mary Gillick – Manager, Technology Exploitation Network, Enterprise Ireland
- Tommy Franks, IP Director, hp Enterprise Services Ireland
- David Brophy, Partner, F.R. Kelly
- Mary Gillick, Enterprise Ireland , Mgr – Technology Transfer Strengthening Initiative
- Maureen Daly, Partner, Beauchamps Solicitors
- Dr. John Whelan, Case Manager (ICT), Trinity Research & Innovation
- Kelvin King, Director, BNP Paribas Valuation Consulting
- Ben Hurley, CEO, National Digital Research Centre (NDRC)
- Michael Martin, Irish Software Innovation Network Manager, IBEC
The conference theme for day 1 is: “Research, Innovation & Investment” and has been selected to reflect the dramatic changes that the business sector here in Ireland and globally have been experiencing over the past year. This shift has meant that companies have had to adopt a “war” footing in relation to NPD, forcing them to adapt their processes to allow them to compete successfully in the smarter economies and ensure long term survival. So companies now have to get better and faster research methods and the necessary investment to develop timely and market lead products. Some of the delegates confirmed to date are 3S, Enterprise Ireland, MacLachlan & Donaldson, BDO, UCC TTO, Hothouse, Patent Office, Crospon, Technology From Ideas, FR Kelly, SFI, Leyton Associates, NUI Galway, UCD, Maples and Calder Athlone Institute of Technology, Murgitroyd, Trade Secrets, GrowCorp, EVP Investments, Dept. of Innovation, GK Analytics, NDRC and IP Pragmatics
To do this we have developed a somewhat more focused approach starting with a general introduction to
- The role of R&D and IP for Companies Today
- Developing & Leveraging intellectual assets by Maximizing the Value of a Business’s IP
- Technology Collaborations & Joint Ventures: IPR Requires Smart Planning
- Commercialization & Financing IP
- Securitization of IP Assets
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- Technology Transfer for Small and Medium Sized Enterprises
- Driving the Knowledge Economy: Software, Innovation and IP
- Valuation of IP for Companies
- Has your company got the freedom to operate?
- CASE STUDY: IP Success in the Global Economy – DecaWave
- PANEL – Overvaluing IP: Managing Expectations
Should you or a member of your team wish to attend this event, please contact me and I will register your place and if you have any additional questions please do not hesitate to contact me on 021 4209015 or 087 4173641or on firstname.lastname@example.org and I will be more than happy to answer them for you.